My Blog List

Saturday, February 26, 2011


 Thinking back when my mothers side all use to get together in California and how we all would dance and listen to them all playing their musical instruments, Grandpa Harris and Uncle Bill banjo, Uncle Ed guitar, Aunt Ruth accordion, I am sure there were more people playing but I didn't pay attention I just loved dancing with all our cousins. 
 I have old photos of many family members taking pictures was a nice thing to have.  I need to get some shared on this page.

My mothers side was from Soway Tenn. just near Oakridge Tenn. she was born in 1941 with 2 brothers and 2 sisters.  The photos of them all kids looks as if they where poor, but you wouldn't think so when you hear of all the travels and the things they spoke of.
  
I recall driving and mom telling us where she grew up at and how they went to school with no shoes. Which again didn't mind any.


How they ate biscuits and jelly for lunch. 


I also recall when visiting with the kin folk back in her home town how sweet and kind they all where to us and how they would give you their shirt off their back if you needed it.
    
I love thinking back to the dear and sweet kin folks I met once and maybe twice when having to travel back for funnels.  Last time Ive been in Tenn was when my grandmother Irene past away.  I still miss her so till this day. 
 As you see these photos their not the homes they grew up in least I don't believe so? I pulled them from photos from Tenn photo album on line.  


But you can feel the warmth and the  pride in any home which was built by sweat and honor.
  

I wish I could find a photo of my mothers home while growing up as a child.


And the many homes I visited when I was a child in Tenn. and Alabama.




Southern Style

 Have you ever drove down country road and were amazed to see people still living in those old homes, and they will wave hello while you drive by,


They have a lot sometime more then us they have a dear loving heart that I remember well.







I dedicate this to My mother, my grandmother and the whole family Tree.

 My mother front little girl. Ruby Mae Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment